Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sewing for Charity

Interested in using your sewing skills for charity? Check out our List of charities where your sewing skills can make a difference!

Sewing for tsunami victims: 'She's got a servant's heart'
KVAL
"I love sewing," said 8-year-old Abby Hoggard. And that love of sewing has turned into a labor of love for victims of Japan's devastating earthquake and tsunami. "My dad was watching the news and I saw all the video clips and I wanted to help and ...

Apartment residents sewing diapers for babies in Haiti
Stow Sentry
Residents at Stow Kent Gardens in Stow cut and sew cloth diapers that will be taken to earthquake-ravaged Haiti. by Mike Lesko | Associate Editor Stow -- Mary Ann Jones used to sew clothing for her family, but she never figured she'd be sewing diapers ...


Quilters get sewing for tsunami victims
Westmorland Gazette
By Steven Bell » As community groups and businesses continue to hold collections and fundraising events, local quilters are sewing 'comfort quilts' to send to the thousands of people displaced by the earthquake and tsunami. The Mere Quilters, made up ...


More in Sewing News:

Review: Crafty Chica's Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing
BlogHer (blog)
I can't sew very well and I'm not particularly crafty, but those themes are a hook for me. Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing by Kathy Cano-Murillo, aka Crafty Chica, has both and when I was offered the chance to read it I jumped. ...

Hundreds of quilts donated to local charities
Wink News
The group took their love for sewing and turned it into a major charitable organization by donating thousands of quilts over the years. "I still have my health and family and so on. I just like to give to people who are not as fortunate," said Jackie ...

A sewing fix in Bloorcourt Village
Metro Canada - Toronto
She's the proprietor of a magical place called The Make Den, where the city's Scottys, aspiring artists and future fashionistas alike come to get their sewing fix. A 30-year old entrepreneur with a degree from Ryerson and a previous life as a ...

Quilt show brings patchwork of friends together
Herald & Review
“I quilt every day,” said Stine, who prefers hand-sewing and has done it for 30 years. “I always tell my family it gives me my sanity. I just kind of put my mind in neutral.” For 15 years, Stine has joined friends in a sewing group on Wednesday ...

No comments:

Post a Comment